What are the side effects of Duphaston?
Decreases risk of miscarriage.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Duphaston is synthetic progesterone preparation. The purpose of progesterone during the first trimester is to "mimic" the function of something called the corpus luteum. It is a cyst that produces progesterone during early pregnancy that helps to 'maintain' the pregnancy until it reaches a certain point where it can survive on its own. This is usually about 10-12 weeks.
You can get her blood progesterone levels measured and if these are found to be below normal, then she can continue taking Duphaston.
It has minor side effects like gastro-intestinal disturbances, skin rashes , loss of libido, acne, fluid retention, mental depression etc.,
Duphaston should be avoided in cardiovascular, renal or hepatic impairment, diabetes mellitus, asthma, epilepsy and migraine.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of duphaston and duvadilan in pregnancy
- Duphaston side effects period
- Side effects of duphaston
- Duphaston for pcos side effects
- Cure for side effects of duphaston
- Dydrogesterone duphaston side effects
- Duphaston side effects constipation
- Duphaston side effects depression
- What are the side effects of taking duphaston
- Duphaston side effects discharge