What causes tiredness and sleepiness after eating?
Diabetes mellitus should be ruled
Hello and welcome
I appreciate your concern
Eating processed foods which contain refined carbohydrates, causes an initial rise and subsequent fall in blood sugar levels, which results in the picture which you described.
If these symptoms are bothersome and lead to affecting basic functioning then Fasting blood sugar and HBA1C levels should be done to rule out diabetes or glucose intolerance.
Wishing you best of health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tiredness after taking xanax
- What causes tiredness or guidyness in the body
- What causes tiredness after jogging
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- What causes severe tiredness
- What is the cause for tiredness when on loratab
- What is the cause for dark urine and tiredness
- What are the causes for lightheadedness and tiredness
- What could be causing tiredness
- What is the cause of tiredness after cramps