Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Tests showed hepatitis B reactive. Which medicines can be taken?

hi.. I was 22 years old when hepatitis b reactive was detected in my pre-employment medical exam.. I d already consulted the doctor unfortunately he didn t give any recommended medications or vitamins to take to cure it. Would you mind to give me some advise or any recommended medicines for hepatitis b reactive.. I m hoping for your kind consideration about this matter.. thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
If you are detected to be HbsAg positive first we need to confirm the test with ELISA. If is positive there a few things we need to check first before we prescribe medications for the same. You need to get done the following tests
1. IgM anti HbcAg
2. HBeAg
3. Anti HbeAg
4. IgG anti HBcAg

You also need to undergo an ultrasound and Liver function tests. You also need to have your family members checked for HbsAg and have them take HBsAg vaccine if they are negative.
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor