Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Testicles imbalanced, testis small. Does wearing tight pants cause this? Serious?

Hi...Doctor, I am 25 years old and observed that my testicles as imbalanced as one is bit larger in size than the other and my testis is also small in size...I feel than the average when I inquired online. In the past I used wear tight pants, many friends raised doubts that wearing tight pants will cause imbalance. Tell me do I have any serious problem ? Whom to consult for check up ?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Testicles does not have to be equal in size. Its because testicles are not made in some kind of factory where everything is exactly the same. Testicles are made by nature so one can be larger than the other one and there is nothing wrong in it. Also as testicles are not attached to anything in the scrotum (except the spermatic cord), they are movable and as long as all the time are present in the scrotum (not moving to inguinal canal) it is also very normal situation.
If no pain, no lump, no swelling of your testicle, you should not worry about it.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Polash Sannigrahi's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello Sasha,

The causes of imbalanced testes can be:

1. Anatomical variation- there is normally a difference in the position of both the testicles, due to difference in the anatomy.
2. Varicocele- dilation of plexus of veins in the testis
3. Hydrocele- fluid accumulation in the testicular sac

In your post you have not mentioned about any history of trauma.
Under such condition, investigation like Ultra Sound Scan of the scrotum will be helpful in detecting any problem in the structures present in that area, including any abnormality in the blood vessels (varicocele) or fluid accumulation (hydrocele)

So, kindly meet an Urologist & get a proper physical examination done.

Wishing a Good Health.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor