Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Taking ramipril for high blood pressure. Going for Echo and artery ultrasound. Family history of congestive heart failure

I am currently getting tested for heart trouble. Had an echo and artery ultra sound today but don t know the results. Am also taking Ramipril for the high blood pressure. My chest is tight and I am continually burping up fluid. Should I be worried? Blood pressure is good right now but feels like serious heartburn. I lost my after to congestive heart failure so I am getting worried. I am a 52 year old female.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
wait for your echo report - if it will normal then go for stress test( either TMT or stress echo), if in echo your heart pumping power or ejection fraction is less then it will be serious problem .
you can reduce heart burn- 1) slow eating, taking smaller bites. 2)take 2 glass of water half hour before meal 3) in diet more fibers and fruits 4) avoid sleeping after meal 5) avoid spicy and oily food 6) if you are obese then try for slim ( obesity increase G-E reflux 7) stop smoking 8) sleep in tilt up position 9)Try eating five or six small meals a day, rather than three big ones. Eating too much at once is a big heartburn trigger.
and can take medicine (pantaprazole and mucaine gel)
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor