Suggest treatment for small rashes on belly spreading to back

I started out with a small rash on one side of my belly. After growing and getting more itchy I was treated for Poison Ivy/oak, but it blistered and wept for two days so I was also swabbed for shingles. However I have had no pain - only intense itch. THe rash spread across my front and around to my back, but it ALSO (after 8 days) has left smaller "blister-y" rashes on various parts of my arms and legs which are SO itchy!! How and why is it spreading and what should I do? Neither my husband or three kids have been affected.....
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

Small rashes on the belly spreading to the back is commonly due to allergic reaction. Allergy can be triggered by animal dander, mold, food, latex, pollen, insect stings, overactive immune system, dust mites, pollution, poison ivy, drug allergy, etc. Back rash may be caused due to infections, autoimmune disorders or other causes such as stress. Avoid pollutant places, stay away from animal dander, avoid taking medicines that cause you allergy, etc. Wash your clothes and bedding in hot water frequently.

Take care of your hygiene, do not share your toiletries. Avoid sex for a couple of days. Take regular bath, wear soft cotton clothes. Apply ointment hydrocortisone ointment on the area affected. Cold compress or applying ice on the itchy areas will help. Do not scratch, touch or pick as you will infect it. You can take Fexofenadine, one at bed time for relieve for 5-7 days. To stay on the safer side get STD tests done, you will be treated accordingly. Stay away from addictions if any.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician