Suggest treatment for prostate cancer

my husband had radiology for prostate cancer about 7 years ago. He has been having blood clots in his urine for the past 2 1/2 weeks. His Dr says there is no infection, and that this is common after radiation. Has this gone on too long? and, what else could be causing this???

Mon, 25 May 2015
Radiologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.

Passing of blood clots after 7 years following treatment for cancer prostate should not be ignored. It is important to get him evaluated for any medical condition that might be causing the symptoms. First please get PSA done and then match his result for any suspected elevated PSA levels.

Though the cause for the problem might include benign problems like stricture, it is important to do tests to evaluate the urethra and urinary bladder and see if there is any benign problem. I hope infection has been looked for by doing a complete urine examination.

Rarely, stones in the urinary tract might also cause problems of passing blood clots. Doing an ultrasound scan will help. Please do not worry.