Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for knee pain

Abu backar cmt c m t house post vadakkumbad Ramanthali Kannur. Sir, My sister Nafeesa 50 years old has been suffering severe Knee pain since last ten years.her right leg was bent below the knee so she couldn t walk much as before.very hard to climb a step.After that she went to the under treatment an ayurvedic Dr,for several years.then her bent cure straight away and got normal position.pain is remaining as well as before.Last two months ago she got swelling and severe pin her knee,we went to the KMC hospital at Atavar the suggested to have taken MRI for the part of investigation. In my quarry is that, the MRI Scan impression showing as follows; 1 severe osteoarthritis changes in the Right Knee 2 Inflammatory changes in the intramuscular plane of distal thigh and popliteal fossa 3 Subtle T2/fat sat hyperintesity noted in the femoral attachment of ACL and poorly visualized maid and proximal I/3 rd part of ACL tear. 4 joint effusion. I kindly request you to give me better advice for save her life. Thank you Kind regards, Abu backar. Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages | Full Headers Reply Reply All Forward Forward Mail Search WelcomeInboxNewFoldersMail Options
Fri, 9 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Seeing her age, pain and MRI report I think there are few medicines like Glucosamine + chondroitin sulfate + MSM.
Which decreased joint inflammation and lubricates joint so there will be a decrease in joint pain.
Beside medicine she should avoid squatting, cross leg sitting and climbing stairs.
Need to start physiotherapy after consulting doctor.
If this too does not help need to take advice from Arthroscopic surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gaurang B Shah, Orthopaedic Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I fell while running last Tuesday on uneven sidewalk. I made a 5 point landing with most of my weight on my right knee cap. The other scrapes are...

Recent questions on  Osteoarthritis

doctor1 MD

I have Spinal Stenosis and degenerative osteoarthritis...I ve had 2 lower back surgeries as well as fusions and I have a rod in my lower left back....

doctor1 MD

I have had heart but like symptoms off and on since late December Should I get this checked I am 66 took arthrotec 150mg aprox for about five...

doctor1 MD

hello. I am 38 years old, 6ft tall and weigh 97kg. Around 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis and was recommended to do some knee...

doctor1 MD

Abu backar cmt c m t house post vadakkumbad Ramanthali Kannur. Sir, My sister Nafeesa 50 years old has been suffering severe Knee pain since last...

doctor1 MD

I had routine bloodwork done and all tests came back normal except for a raised ferratin 575. When tested again 6 weeks later it came back at...

doctor1 MD

I ,ve had arthritis degenerative lumbosacral degenerative disc disease with strain for many years, recently I developed arthritis is the spine,...

doctor1 MD

Doctor, I just started to feel pain around my right knee when I walk .if I put to much pressure on that knee my leg will buckle . While sitting to...