Can lumbosacral degenerative disc disease lead to spinal arthritis and spinal stenosis?
Answers of your questions - lumbo-sacral degenerative disease
Hi Wxxxxxxxx, thanks for asking from HCM.
I can understand your concern. You are suffering from degenerative lumbo-sacral disc disease, spine arthritis and canal stenosis. your age is 69 years which means degeneration process has already progressed. Now answering your question one by one.
- Are these pathologies related? Yes. These are related. Degenerative disc disease begins with disc changes, followed by abnormal weight distribution on facet joints, ligaments. Facet joint becomes hypertrophied and develop arthritis and ligaments increase in thickening, leads to spinal canal stenosis.
- Can one lead to another? Yes, as explained above. Degenerative disease involves multiple parts of spine - disc, facets, veterbral bodies, ligaments. It all occurs due to chronic wear-tear, weight lifting, ageing, repeated minor injuries of spine.
- Could spinal stenosis occurred due to it? Yes. It occurred due to it. It will be progressive, if you will not take care of your body. Avoid weight lifting (don't lift weight more than 3 kg), avoid forward bending, do stretching exercise, strengthen your lower back muscles which can share body weight and removes burden from spine, avoid obesity.
Hope you understood my point. If still in doubt, do let me know.
I will help you.
Thanks. Take care.
Send me the reports and medical records
Ho Wxxxxxxxx, welcome back.
Please send me the medical records, MRI reports and films. It will help in understanding your spine and disease.
Please post your doubts also.
Thanks. Take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Arthritis and degenerative disc disease
- Is degenerative disc disease curable
- Degenerative disc disease surgery
- Degenerative disc disease prognosis
- Degenerative disc disease neck
- Lumbar degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative disc disease exercises
- Is spinal stenosis a progressive disease
- Degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease that leads to parkinsons
- What causes feeling of fluid rushing from throat to base of spine?
- Suggest remedies for migraine headache for a thyroid patient
- What do my MRI scan test report indicate?
- What causes lower back pain while on bladder control product?
- Is there a nerve in back that would cause numbness in foot?
- What causes sharp pain in back of head and neck?
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for side effects of Depakote
- Does intake of Dart help in treating headache?
- What causes tingling and pain in hands and feet?