Suggest treatment for pain around the knee

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Doctor, I just started to feel pain around my right knee when I walk .if I put to much pressure on that knee my leg will buckle . While sitting to put on my socks and shoes and cross by left leg over by right knee the knee is painful,when I take two fingers and press around the side of my knee that hurts .your houghts
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be degenerative changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the description of pain in your right knee. In my opinion this pain is due to degenerative changes in your right knee called osteoarthritis knee with possible damage to ligaments and menisci.
I would suggest pain killers , local heat application, local application of analgesic cream and most important- Muscle strengthening exercises for the knee( to be taught by a physio)
I would like to have x rays of the knee joint and if there is no improvement over 3-4 weeks then MRI of the knee joint.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.