Suggest treatment for pain around the knee
Could be degenerative changes.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the description of pain in your right knee. In my opinion this pain is due to degenerative changes in your right knee called osteoarthritis knee with possible damage to ligaments and menisci.
I would suggest pain killers , local heat application, local application of analgesic cream and most important- Muscle strengthening exercises for the knee( to be taught by a physio)
I would like to have x rays of the knee joint and if there is no improvement over 3-4 weeks then MRI of the knee joint.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and knee pain
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for pain after knee surgery
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Injection treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for pain under the leg and knees
- Knee joint pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to knee injury
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?