Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Inflammation of prostate demands specific attention.
• Plenty of liquids orally to prevent further bacterial stasis
• Balanced nutritious diet to combat any invading pathogen
• In our clinic, we recommend to undergo complete blood count
, ESR, serum PSA, creatinine
, urine culture, transrectal ultrasound
• Antibiotics course is decided upon culture report, good response among them are noted with Fluoroquinolones
• Minimum duration of 4 to 6 weeks is highly recommended to control bacteria and minimize the recurrence rates.
• Role of the urinary alkalizes, prophylactic antifungal medicines, urinary antispasmodics, vitamin C supplements are supportive
• In highly selected cases digital rectal massage of the prostate works
• Avoid smoking/alcohol totally
• Remain ambulatory
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel