Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suffering with PCOS, high TSH, trying to conceive, have regular periods, advised glycophage, clomid. Help?

hi dr.i ned some help.i m suffering from pcos since last january bt now it is in control as my weight is btwen 49kg to 50kg always my age in 26years im trying to conceiv with glophage and clomid .last month i took clomid 100mg/day and now 150mg/ perds are regular aince last 4 5 months .i m on study in another country so here in language problem my dr suggested me these medicines and if also i ot get pregnent i ll use aromek, i hav tsh problm as well. tsh test i had 10days ago with result 0.029 im on thiroxin since 1999.t3 was normal
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello madam, from the history you have given, well pcos is the most common endocrinological disorder in women which presents with irregular periods. ....Also thyroid causes irregular periods....glycophage is an antihyperglycaemic agent, usually women with pcos have a higher chance of insulin resistance.....Clomiphene citrate(clomid), helps in development of the follicular size, clomid is usually prescribed for 5 days, followed by follicular study, usually from day 10 to day 11.I would you like you give me a reference range of tsh from where you have tested as it may vary from lab to lab....hope i was helpful to you. ....
Answered: Mon, 6 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor