Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Suffering from toxic goitre, having juvenile diabetes. Any immunological tests to be done?

Thank you very much Actually I am a surgeon and my son (now 19 years 0 has suffered from toxic goitre since he was 6 years old .and now since one year he suffered juvenile diabetes .I AM ASKINK IF THERE IS ANY IMMUNOLOGICAL TESTS TO BE DONE FOR HIM TO AVOID OTHER DISEASES. THANKS thank you I felt falsely it is free
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012
Dear Wagihmoustafa,

Good to see your awareness about type 1 diabetes and related immunological diseases. I hope your son is receiving standard care for both type 1 diabetes and thyrotoxicosis. Well as far as the common concomitant autoimmune disorders are concerned, you get serum cortisol tested early in the morning (8 am) along with IgG, serum sodium and potassium to rule out adrenal insufficiency, then anti-tTG to rule out celiac disease. Other diseases like autoimmune vitiligo, autoimmune deficiency of reproductive hormones (autoimmune hypogonadism) are really very rare. Serum RA factor and Vit B12 is something you must get it done as the tests are easy and easily available everywhere. All the very best.
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor