Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stomach cramps, bleeding, blockage in intestine area. Blood test, X-rays normal. Treatment?

i have had stomach cramps for a week and been drinking water as advised by hospital. Had blood tests and x-rays all okay told to avoid food and just keep my fluid levels up, still in pain with stomach cramps and still passing some blood i don t seem to be getting any better. when i went to the hospital on Tuesday it felt that i had a blockage in my intestine area, now it has moved up to my stomach area.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you have nausea & vomiting/ fever/ abdominal bloating/ abdominal discomfort/ excessive flatulence/ Constipation/ spasmodic abdominal pain?
With the available described symptoms, you are most likely suffering from acute bacterial gastroenteritis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging studies, renal function test.
You should take complete antibiotic course, probiotics and antispasmodic, hemostatic medicines.
You should maintain your hydration by taking potassium rich supplements.
Kindly avoid milk and all milk related products.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor