Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suffering from low SGPT, advised to take Heptrol, U/S normal. Suggestion for low SGPT level?

Hello doctor i vijay from india. i have suffering high sgpt since last year. at present it is 68. i am so worried. my doctor advised me to take medicine named Heptrol twice a daily. ultrasound is normal, and hetitis b,c reports are normal. so please suggest me what can i do for low my sgpt level. my height is 6 feet and weight is 90 kg.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Mr Vijay,
There is nothing to worry as your hepatitis markers and ultrasound is normal.
The most common causes for high liver enzymes  are alcohol,obesity,diabetes,high cholesterol and triglycerides etc. 
Since they are just mildly elevated ,there is nothing to worry and just few simple lifestyle changes can make you allright. 
Normally no medication is required for this.
What to do... 
Quit alcohol ,if taking. 
Reduce calorie intake and reduce your weight.Be in required range of your BMI.
Avoid junk foods like pizzas,burgers etc. 
Avoid sugary drinks and colas. 
Avoid sweets and deep fried foods. 
Daily aerobic exercises for 40 minutes. 

You should be all right in next 4 to 6 months time. 

I hope it helps 
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor