What causes constant spasms in the lower left abdomen?
Please give additional information
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
The most probable cause of constant spasm in left lower abdomen like a baby kicking in a 63 year old female can be due to one of the following:
Colitis with spasm/akin tenesmus.
Left ureteric spasms.
Very rarely Pseudocyesis
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
X-ray of the abdomen in standing position.
Ultrasonography of abdomen.
Tests of blood, stool and urine.
Clinical evaluation by a General Surgeon and second opinion of a Gynecologist if necessary.
Please give any additional history related to intestinal or urinary problems if any.
I hope this answers your specific query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant spasms in chest
- What cause fluttering feeling in lower left abdomen
- What causes electrical sensation in lower left abdomen
- Treatment and cure for constant spasms
- Drugs/medication for constant spasms
- Symptoms of constant spasms
- What causes swelling and tenderness in lower left abdomen
- Diagnosis of constant spasms
- Constant spasm of right ribs
- Constant spasms causes
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis