Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hyper acidity. Not responding to medication. Do I need to go for endoscopy to rule out ulcer?

i am 21 yrs old , and am suffering from hyper acidity.I ve been having the symptoms for more than 2 months now but i ve confirmed it with doc just 2 weeks ago and came to know that hyper acidity is my problem.But initially i have consulted a different doctor who has given me the same tablets as of my new doc.having eaten the same set of tablets for past 2 months now,i lost faith that tabs may work .should i go for endoscopy or further checkng to know if i have ulcer ?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
hi there,
am dr.surendran
nice to meet you here in HCMagic
it is wise to check your status of ulcer in your gastric mucosa
Most acidity problems occur

After meals

When lifting weight or straining and applying pressure in the intra-abdominal area.

At night when lying down.

Ulcers also occur as a result of over secretion of acid.
some simple tips to get rid of ulcer
After all three meals, take a small piece of jaggery and keep it in your mouth and suck. Voilá no more acidity.

Boil one cup of water. To this add 1 tsp of Aniseed (Saunf). Cover and leave overnight. Strain the water in the morning, add 1 tsp of honey. When this is taken 3 times a day it prevents acidity.

To 1 ½ liters of water add 1 tsp Caraway seeds (shah jeera). Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Sip while warm. Have the concoction 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days.
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran hcmagic
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Suhith G Rao's  Response
Before concluding that you are having hyperacidity,its better if you could describe your symptoms.Do you get abdominal pain,fullness,variation with food intake,nausea, vomiting etc?
Also if you have taken tablets for 2 months and there is no relief,its time to get yourself checked again,may be with a scan and a endoscopy,to rule out ulcer as well as H.pylori infection.
All the best
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor