Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from high cholesterol and high BP. What is the right medicine for it ?

hello doctor myself wasim khan aged 28 years,i am taking atorlip(atorvastatin10mg),throxine(50mg) and duloxetine(20 mg) for high cholesterol ,hypothyroidim and depression respectively since last 2 years now i have also high bp 140/100 and i met two doctor one have prescribed olmin20(OLMESARTAN MEDOXOMIL) and other have advised Cilacar T (Cilnidipine/Telmisartan) - 10mg/40mg and i am confused which is right for me regarding effectiveness and side effects because i know that after starting they will be continued for the whole of life.please suggest me which is right medicine at this age.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  273
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
u need to have well as some other tests
and some more history is required with examination
thus its better u contact some nephrologist
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.You need to take care as you are too young.Please get your self properly examined by doctor including some blood test for kidney etc.You should also go for renal Doppler study,this can diagnose some kidney problem in case if you have.Both the drugs you are talking about are of same class.You can take either of them,both are safe and effective.Please avoid stress,do regular exercise and plan your diet well to avoid complications at younger age.bye.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi wasim
dont worry examine properly. threre may be some renal pathology.Its just possibility but now days early hypertention due to our lifestyle so we need lifestyle modification program. diet , exercise,meditation, panchakarma is part of that. so apply it soon. visit website-
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor