Can Hydralazine be taken every six hours with high BP?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern and would explain that there is no need to take hydralazine every 6 hours, considering its adverse effects.
There are many other treatment options to help maintain a normal blood pressure, instead of hydralazine.
A calcium channel blocker, like amlodipine 10 mg once daily would be a possible treatment option.
Another option would be an ACEI (lisinopril, ramipril) or ARB (valsartan, olmesartan, etc.) taken once or twice daily.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above treatment options.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High bp is permanently curable
- What medicine should be taken for high bp
- Food must taken in high bp
- Can symbicort be taken with high bp medications
- Dizziness with high bp
- Postpartum tachycardia high bp
- Can suhagra be taken with telma am for high bp
- Sweating and high bp
- Does losartan taken for high bp lead to psorasis
- Food chart for high bp
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?