Suggest blood pressure medication with least amount of side effects
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that all medical drugs have their adverse effect.
The treatment choice is based on individual tolerance and past medical history (including kidney and liver function).
For this reason, I would first like to know your past medical history and comorbidities.
What are your actual blood pressure values?
What is your current medical therapy?
I remain at your disposal for further questions.
I would recommend as follows:
Regarding your concern, I would explain that losartan is a well tolerated drug by most of patients.
It is better tolerated compared to lisinopril.
But, I am afraid that this dose of losartan will not reduce your blood pressure values up to normal levels.
For this reason, I would recommend monitoring your blood pressure and maybe increase the dose as needed up to 100mg per day.
Other reasonable treatment options would be valsartan or olmesartan.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Wishing good health,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood pressure medication and nosebleeds
- Lemons and blood pressure medication
- Instaflex and blood pressure medication
- Corex blood pressure medication
- Usages of blood pressure medication
- Blood pressure medications sweat
- Blood pressure medication and bloating
- Is hair fall a side effect of blood pressure medication
- Diabetic suggest the blood pressure medication
- Side effect of blood pressure medication