Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that your anti-hypertensive therapy does not seem to be really effective in controlling blood pressure values. For this reason, some changes in your therapy need to be done.
Coming to this point, I would recommend switching from losartan to olmesartan or telmisarten, which are more potent compared to losartan in controlling blood pressure values.
It is also important to periodically check your potassium plasma levels.
Another option would be adding a central action antihypertensive like methyldopa or moxonidine.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure natural treatments
- Paroxetine treatment for high blood pressure
- Constant high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure emergency treatment
- High blood pressure symptoms treatment
- Postpartum high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure hypertension treatment
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?