Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: How do I reduce my blood pressure.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your anti-hypertensive therapy does not seem to be really effective in controlling blood pressure values. For this reason, some changes in your therapy need to be done.

Coming to this point, I would recommend switching from losartan to olmesartan or telmisarten, which are more potent compared to losartan in controlling blood pressure values.

It is also important to periodically check your potassium plasma levels.

Another option would be adding a central action antihypertensive like methyldopa or moxonidine.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri