What do my BP levels indicate?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your actual blood pressure values are above the normal ranges. This means that your actual therapy is not really effective in controlling your blood pressure values.
Considering the fact that you are performing dialysis, I assume that your kidney function is really low.
Coming to this point, I would recommend making some changes to your actual therapy.
First I would recommend stopping losartan, as it may increase potassium levels, considering your low renal function.
Instead of losartan, I would recommend taking a central action antihypertensive drug like methyldopa or moxonidine.
These drugs are more effective in controlling arterial hypertension, compared to losartan and do not increase potassium levels.
You should discuss with your attending physician on the above issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What should be the ideal bp level
- What does 180 bp level indicate
- Is this bp good and what does it indicate
- What does bp spike indicate
- What does level 11260 indicate for high bp
- Suggest the bp levels low bp
- What causes spike in bp level
- What is the level of high bp
- What should be normal bp level
- What should be my bp level
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?