Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from diabetes, high sugar levels. Taking galvus, trivolib. Suggestions to control diabetes?

Dear Doctor, I am 57 years 0ld & having type 2 diabetes from 3.5years and as per advice of the doctor i am taking Trivolib 2 tabs twice daily after breakfast & Dinner and one Galvus 50 mg after lunch from past 120 days but my sugar is not under control. Yesterday i have checked my sugar and the result is FBS 158mg & PPBS 288mg, kindly advice the action should be taken to bring down my sugar leval.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Dear Manju,

Day to day fluctuations are not ideal way to see you diabetes status. I would advice you to get an HbA1c done. This tells us about the sugar control over the last 120 days. If it is

Hope this helps

Dr. Om Lakhani, MD
Consultant Diabetologist.
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
mam you haven`t mentioned your weight and height, second medicine alone sometimes doesn`t work you to rule out any stress factor thats present like family problems outside problems etc if yes get rid off it with same values one of my patient was having family problem she stopped thinking her values were within normal in one week if nothing significant better to kick off with short doses of insulin :) dont be happy being happy does work in diabetics :)
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor