Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Suffering from constipation, malabsorption, muscle cramps, fatigue. Diagnosed with gallbladder polyp. Pain in the ribs area. Medication?

Hi sir....I am suffering from alternating constipation/diarrhea , malabsorption , Muscle cramps , brainfog , fatigue..etc..since 2 months..last month i was diagnosed with 4mm gallbladder polyp calculi...nowadays i am suffering from right sided sholder pain radiating from ribs..very slight ofcourse..i am sick of right side abdomen soreness...i am planning to take taurine 2mg daily(divided 2 doses) , Magnesium Glycinate , Omega 3 s 2000mg -(divided 2 doses),Vitamin C 1000mg(divided 2 doses)
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, chaitanya.krrish,
I am assuming that when you say malabsorption, you are not
digesting foods properly. I am not sure if the doctors diagnosed
malabsorption after doing x-rays and blood tests. Lot of conditions
can be associated with malabsorption such as Crohn's disease,
Celiac disease, Pancreatic problems, Tuberculosis involving the
intestine or other diseases that can affect the small bowel.
Hope you have been tested for all of these.
Gallbladder polypis usually asymptomatic and generally does
not need treatment. If that is very large and occurs in a very
elderly, then we advocate removal because of chance of cancer.
Muscle cramps can be due to potassium deficiency along with
magnesium. Pain in the shoulder could be bursitis or arthritis
and if you have a pinched nerve it could radiate.
I am in favor of taking the supplements that you mention.
I would also recommend a good super B-Complex vitamin daily.
I want you to be tested for Pernecious Anemia due to vit-B12 deficiency.
That can give you brainfog .
If you have not had your stool tested for ova and parasites, get that done
along with a complete metabolic panel of blood tests, thyroid function
tests and a complete blood count.
I wish you well.
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor