Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffered heart failure previously. What should be the heart rate while rest and exercising?

Hello I m 25 year old very healthy and fit women , 2years ago suffered from accute heart failure caused by a virus, and although I ve come along way in recovery and 2 years later feeling pretty normal I m still on ramiprill and bisprohol both lower does but woundering what my resting heart rate should be as well as when I exsersize.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Welcome to HCM ,
unfortunately you had heart problem at very young age but you have recovred well ,
in heart failure patient heart rate control is very important ,
at rest heart rate should be lower side up to 50 to 55 beats per min.
and on mild to moderate exercise up to 110 to 115 beats per min ,
continue your both above medicine
be regular in your follow up with cardiologist ,
take care
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor