Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Sudden pain in lower back while exercising, tried hot water bag, volini gel. What else to reduce pain ?

Was working out in the gym yesterday, ws exercising for the back muscle when all of a sudden I got a jerk in my lower back and since then it s been paining tremendously. Whenever I try to change posotion it pains in my lower back, walking and sitting both r painful, get some relief only when I am lying down. Since yesterday hv been taking the hot water bag and applying volini gel on my lower back. Today its still better than yesterday. I just want to ask that wat else shud I do to get rid of the pain asap. Am 27 years old and I hv been working out since the last 12years so am nt a begginer in the gym
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

Acute low backache you have seems to be due to muscular or ligamentous strain.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.

The following measures will help with the pain
• Lie on a hard bed.
• Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required ( dont repeat a dose before 6 hours) with food will help relieve the pain. This should be available at your local pharmacy
• Avoid forward bending.
• Correct your posture while sitting
• Avoid prolonged sitting
• Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights.
• Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor