Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain beside belly button, have endometriosis. What should I discuss with a doctor?

Hi I am a 20 year old female and I have slight to medium pain on my right side of stomach beside my belly button. I am not pregnant as far as I know and I do have endometriosis but this is nothing like the pain I fell when I m having an episode. It feels like a sharp pain that take my breath away slightly when exhale. What are some things I should discuss with my doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi eondometriosis is usually associated with pain to such an intolerable level when it is complecated by endometrioma that is cyst filled with blood.It is commonly located in ovary and so the pain is in one of the flanks. the menses are also usually very painful as well as the intercourse .Get checked by your gynaecologist and ask her the severityor the condition . tell the doctor about any fever giddiness , vomitingyou are having or not. if it is only endometriosis not complicated by cyst medical treatment has good results either oc pills or progesteron only pills for 3 to 6 mths. sometimes surgery is needed for eacuation of local that time conserving your ovarian tissue is the biggest challenge for your surgeon . operation can be done laparoscopically.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor