Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Sore pimple in the ear. Difficulty in eating. Treatment?

I have what appears to be a pimple inside my right ear. It s been there for about a year. Although I can t feel it right now (by sticking my finger in my ear!), my jaw is extremely sore and I can t bite my normal bite. This has happened before and my jaw usually realigns itself in a day or two. Thoughts, suggestions??
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.
In all probabality you are suffering from Otitis Externa. or an infected small sebaceous cyst in the external ear canal.The referred pain is causing you sore jaw.
Pls start with a broadspectrum antibiotic/anti inflammatory in consultation with an available MD nearest to you.
Undertake baseline investigations from a laboratory near to you.
By the time you get the reports ,with the effect of medicines the acute painful condition would have subsided.
Now consult an ENT Specialist for Auroscopic Examination and Excision of your lesion under asceptic precautions.The pus to be sent for HPE and Culture and sensitivity .The further treatment will have to be instituted as per Pathological reports.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.,
Best Regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.,
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor