Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Sore inner labia. Normal STD report. Have HSV-1 from birth. Is the sore related to it?

My whole family has had a flu-like illness for a few days. I have been caring for three babies and a sick husband as I was sick myself and I did not shower for a few days. When I final;y showered today I felt a pain on my inner labia . I took a picture of the area with my camera, as it is nearly impossible to get a close up look and it looks liek a sore. I have only had one sexual partner in my life, and that is my husband, we have been together 7 years. I was tested for STI s six months after we were first sexually active without protection and I tested negative for everything, except HSV-1 , which I most likely contracted from my mother when I was a kid, as she has frequent cold sore outbreaks. I am wondering what the sore could be?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query on HCM.
Symptoms of herpes simplex virus typically appear as a blister or as multiple blisters on or around affected areas usually the mouth, genitals, or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender sores.
Sore inner labia might be due to episode of hsv breakout.
Anti viral medicine and symptomatic treatment is required.
Get examined by gynecologist for proper diagnosis and medical management.

Answered: Fri, 3 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor