Suggest treatment for sore throat and bitter taste

ive been ill for over a week and ive had flu ymptoms and they are nearly all gone but i still have a really sore throught thats been there since the start and it constantly produce mucas and flem and my thought feels like there is a lump or obtruction and all oods taste difernt usually more bitter
Mon, 10 May 2021

It is good to know that you are better. You are suggested to gargle your throat 3-4 times with warm salt water. Keep lozenges in your mouth to keep your throat lubricated so that the mucosa of the throat does not dry up and gets irritated. Stay well hydrated. Tale warm beverages. soups and juice. You are suggested to Take food rich in vitamin E, you can take Evion -400, one stat daily for 15 days for better lubrication.

Take semi solid food like oats, porridge, etc so that your throat does not get hurt. Avoid talking, give voice rest. You can add a spoonful of sugar, cream or butter to reduce bitterness to the food you take. Take quality sleep and rest. Avoid stressful lifestyle. You can take Acetaminophen, one stat when needed to reduce discomfort. Get clinically examined by a dentist to detect any dental / gum problems that may cause bitterness. Take care of your oral hygiene.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician