Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Smoked weed, high pulse rate, throbbing sensation in chest, burning sensation in head. Treatment?

I am 31 yrs old an have been smoking weed for a while. I have recently cut down heaps as I m trying to quit. Last night when I had some i started feeling a bit weird. My heart felt like it was racing and going to jump out of my chest and I also had a short period where my head felt like it was burning. This subsided after about an hr however I still feel a bit off today.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response
The racing heartbeat and burning head sensation could certainly be related to the cannabis. It is well known to cause anxiety and even panic attacks (anxiety associated with physical symptoms like you described). This is usually more likely to happen with higher potency cannabis as well as when you're off of it for a while and then restart smoking. Of course, you should always also suspect the cannabis could have been "cut" with something else. This is an unfortunate practice of some dealers who add other drugs to the cannabis to make it more addictive. Common things to put on/in weed include cocaine, LSD, and meth. These adulterants can also cause the symptoms you're describing.
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor