Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Small spots with raised edges spreading on the penis. What could it be?

Hello, I recently notices a small spot on my penis . It has a darker ring around it, but is not enflamed, raised, or indented. It smooth, like the rest of the penis. Inside the ring it is a little lighter than the rest of the tip. I also noticed that when i wake up in the morning or from a nap i looks like its spreading, and another spot is forming next to it, but then the new one disappears a few hours later. any idea what this is?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description, the spot on your penis could be due to dermatitis or a superficial fungal infection. Most of the times such lesions can be taken care of by applying 1% hydrocortisone ointment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 7 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor