Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Small bump in vagina. Turned into painful rash. How to treat it?

This is embarrassing but, I have a problem down in my vaginal area, I recently notcied a small bump and I thought it was and ingrown hair so I stopped shaving down there but it proceeded to get a little bit bigger, then it turned into a rash and it s very painful, but I have never had unprotected sex and the men have always been tested and clean, what do I do?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

In spite of your confidence of having safe sex, I would suspect your lesion to be Bartholin's abscess.

Bartholin's glands are situated under Labia majora. When infected, subsequently they form abscess. Bartholin's abscess in mainly due to sexually transmitted infections like Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea. The other possibility of hair root infection also should be considered. You have a well formed abscess.

Once the abscess in formed, it needs incision with marsupialization of the edges to prevent recurrence. Along with appropriate antibiotics to treat the infection is needed.

This being sexually transmitted infection, your sexual partner also should be subjected to medical examination and treatment.

Till both you are declared completely cured, please observe complete sexual abstinence.

Please report to your Gynaecologist ASAP.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor