Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Should a 19 month old baby undergo surgery urgently for VSD:left to right shunt sinus rhythm or will it subside on its own ?

My male baby,19months old has been diagnosed 1yr ago,by cmc vellore,3MM,VSD : left to right shunt sinus rhythm ,increased PBF,NO PAH (initially it was 5 mm on dtd 12/6/2010 & now it is ,after treatment 3mm on dtd15/12/2010 ), I would like to know surgery is urgently needed ?or it will close by its own as the child grows.?if so where is the most cost effective place to have such surgery? now my baby under treatment.the doctor advice medicine are as follows:-1)DIXINPAED 1.6ml -5days in a week.2) FUROPAED 0.8ml every day.3)tab enam2.5- 1/4tab twice in a day.please advice me how far medicine is effective to cure this. mk ghosh,kolkata.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It is best if VSD is closed at early age because in later age there may be severe complications. Since PAH has already developed it is urgent for surgery to be done. Medicine will not cure this disease but only prevent difficult symptoms and further heart strain and damage. You have not mentioned size of VSD. You can have the Surgery is Sathya Sai Baba Institute of Higher Medical Sciences which is at subsided rate in Bangalore as recommendation from my side.
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor