Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Severe rash in anal area. What is a good remedy for that ?

What is a good remedy for a severe rash in the anal area ? I am a 50 year old male and right now when I have a bowel movement , it is very dark and it tears up that area. The rash is very red, burns and at times itches. I have used A & D ointment, lubriderm medicated lotion, tea tree oil and vitamin e oil. It appeared to be clearing but has gotten worse than ever. I have a fan that I leave blowing on this area to help soothe it.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  403
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear debbie
welcome to healthcaremagic
Dried feces, dust, scaled skin cells, and sweat, one by one, or all together may cause itchy skin around the anus. Washing with warm or lukewarm water without soap is recommended. Moistened tissues may be used when anus is sensitive.
Seborrheic Dermatitis
Fungal Infection
Please consult doctor to rule out reason and do treatment accordingly
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor