Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Severe mood swings with a feeling of sadness, hopelessness, irritability, physical and mental sluggish, sleeping trouble, low concentration. Medicines to overcome this?

Hi dr. I have a severe mood swings. i am not experiencing Delusions nor hallucinations but most of the time im feeling hopeless, sad, or empty, Irritable, Physical and mental sluggish, Sleep problems, Concentration and memory problems, Feelings of worthlessness or guilt. Please help me and What are/is the best medication for this mood changes.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dear Madam/Sir

Your symptoms are compatible with that of depression if it is persistent and pervasive for weeks together and require medication(Antidepressant). Best medication for this can only be decided after detail symptom profile and severity, family history, your age and gender, occupation, support etc. Please consult qualified psychiatrist and take treatment immediately.
Hope you will recover soon.
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Periodontics Dr. Arati C Koregol's  Response
welcome to HCM
Best thing is to develop will power and positive attitude towards life.
Forget thebad moments.
Try to involve yourself in activities of your choice, keep yourself engaged
Make good friends who can spend time ans share with you
Go for early morning walk this energies and refreshens you
have a healthy diet
Do meditation this helps alot to stabilize your your mind.
Try to listen to music of your choice when your mood is off.
Be relaxed and enjoy.
If none of these work out then need to consult the psychiatrist for opinion.
Hope this will help you
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor