Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Severe lower abdominal pains during periods, had a failed pregnancy. Can endometriosis be the cause ?

I always get severe lower abdominal pains (on the right hand side) during my mentrual cycle and the pains are that strong I am physically sick. However this pain is different to period pains and always starts at the back end of the cycle when the bleeding is stopping.
I get normal period pain during the 1st few days when the bleeding is heavier and this other pain I get is different feeling like dragging / twisting pain that eases when I crouch down in a ball and it radiates in the very lower abdominal area and deep into my back. Hard massage to my back also seems to help the pains.
Also during this time I suffer with bowel problems and get trapped wind, constipation and mucas - I have tried every type of treatment and have been treated for IBS with Buscopan, every type of constipation product etc.. and no matter what I take or do I get exactly the same result / pain.
I was on the contraceptive pill for many years and never had any issues at all but now I am coming to a time in my life where I am thinking about starting a family (I am 35 years of age) so I came off the pill in preperation and have had this problem since and every month I take 1-2 days off work due to this.
I have had ultra sound scan and a Colonoscopy and both were clear.
My mum suffered from Endometriosis - could it be possible that this is what is causing me problems? I wporry now that this could effect my fertility and I had a failed pregnancy 6 months ago when I was 4 weeks pregnant - could this be the cause?
Thanks in advance
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, it appears to be the urinary tract infection, or a small stone in the urinary tract, or infection in the falopian tube, or some sort of adhesion of the tube on right side, You may need to have M.R.I. for confirmation.
So i advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and treatment.
I advise to my patients with such pain a combination of mefanamic acid and dicycomine hydrochloride for temperory relief. Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya KR's  Response
Thanks for using HCM.

Pain during menstruation could be due to endometriosis or fibroid uterus both condition cause severe pain.
Better to get USG abdomen done.
consult gynaecologist for further management.
fibroid and endometriosis could be a reason for infertility.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Vidya
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor