Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Rise in SGPT value, blood test done. Can you suggest me diet plans to reduce this?

hi i am mrs adnan my husband got again and again sgpt raise ii blood test now before 2 days his sgpt again 80..plz can u help me to find out which type of foode i make add in his meal try to decrease it? my husband hiding always his complications and worries abt any thing from me because we love eachother very much
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Although there are various causes for high SGPT levels,but the most common causes are alcoholism,obesity,increased consumption of sugar and junk foods,overuse of certain medications like pain killers,antidepressants,anti cholesterol medications etc and various types of hepatitis.
Ways to reduce SGPT are..
Quit alcohol.
Stop taking pain killers
Reduce weight
Avoid sugar and junk foods
Do daily aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes.
Take a super B complex VIT every day.
Get your SGPT test repeated after 2 months.
If it doesn't improve,get tested for various hepatitis markers and other less common causes.
Answered: Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor