Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Recurring yeast infections. Redness in vaginal lips, burning urination, foul smell, discharge, pelvic pain during intercourse

I keep having recurring yeast infections, I have been treated for bacterial and yeast infections. I have been checked for STD's and STI's which turned out negative. The inside of the vaginal lips is often red and burns. It is hard to hold it in when I have to urinate and it burns when when urine reaches the vaginal opening. I have to put tissue on the opening of my vagina to block it in order for it not to hurt when i use the restroom. The doctor's have no idea what could be causing it I have seen a gynecologist and she doesn't know what it is. I have tried all kinds of creams that are supposed to help relieve the symptoms but it only helps for a little while. There is an unpleasant odor and discharge. It started when my partner and I used latex condoms but then I stopped and i stopped using contraceptive pills almost a year ago. A few weeks ago we used a condom again and those symptoms started up again and I haven't been able to get rid of them. the symptoms used to not last so long. I keep having pelvic pain especially during intercourse and we had stopped having sex since I got the symptoms again.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
From the information you have given, it sounds as thought there are two problems, a yeast infection and an allergic reaction.
Yeast infection is not thought to be sexually transmissible but is favored by sexual intercourse. It produces the characteristic symptoms you have highlighted; redness, pains during sex, burning during urination etc. Treatment has to be aggressive including both creams and vaginal tablets. Oral tablet of fluconazole can help to decrease contamination from reservoir site such as the gut.
The second problem is that you are allergic to the material used in the production of the conduct. Allergic reactions to latex has been reported and its not uncommon to find women who are allergic to latex. Tou should stop using latex condoms, continue to abstain for now, get some antifungals tablets and creams, and steroids to reduce inflammation.
Hope this helps you.
Dr Achuo
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor