Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Recurring vaginal yeast infection and spotting. Treatment?

Hi I am 28 year old female.......usually have sex 3-4 times a month with my last month I started working out regularly and was running almost everyday for about 5 Kms .....during this time I started having vaginal yeast infection ....which keeps on coming and going away.....this time my menstural cycle started on 29th almost ended on 3rd august...I had sex on 4 th aug....and after that I had some blood was not was blood discharge...after that whenever I go for urinating....after wiping I can see some some on tissue ....still it s not going away...I am concerned
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using the HCM.
Recurrent UTI could be due to DM, immunocompromised states or other reasons
Get your blood sugar test done,
For fungal infection you need to apply local antifungal cream and take oral full course of antifungal tratment..
Keep area dry and clean..
Take bath daily, wash your innerwares in hot water and sun dry..
as your mentioning some tissue is seen near your vagina it could be a prolapse, bartholins cyst, wart.. etc.
Consult a gynecologist for examination of lesion & further work up..

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks get well soon....
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

On the next day of period healing of endometrium is not complete.

Thus bleeding just after intercourse on next day of period can occur due to trauma.

Yeast (Candida) are normally present in humans, but their growth is generally limited by immunity and by other normally present microorganism (bacteria occupying same location such as lactobacilli).

Hormonal/physiological disturbance and use of soap or douches to clean can disturb/destroy normal flora, resulting in overgrowth of Yeast cells, causing symptoms of infection.

Diabetes mellitus and use of anti bacterial antibiotics are also linked to increased incidence of yeast infection.

Wearing wet swimwear for long period is also a risk factor.

Hormonal replacement therapy and infertility treatment may also be predisposing factors.

The anti fungal drugs commonly used to treat candidiasis are Fluconazole and topical Cotrimazole, Nystatin, Ketoconazole.

One time dose of 150mg of Fluconazole is generally sufficient to cure vaginal candidiasis in 90% of cases.

You should consult your Gynecologist for examination, investigations and treatment.

Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, you can submit those with Healthcaremagic as well.

With good wishes,
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor