Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Recurring upper respiratory tract infections due to smoking. How can I improve my health?

I m really concerned about my health , i am 44 years of age , i manage a high volume practice. Before i had started working there 4 years ago i had quit smoking for @ least a year & was really really proud of my self cause it took a lot for me to get there. Well now i have a problem i started back after 4 months on that job looking for a way to take the edge off of myself. When i started back of course it got worse. i have been to the doctors twice due to upper respiratory infection caused by the smoking. today im home for 4 days now . yesterday the doctor prescribed to me prednisone for broncail infection etc, im so angry with myself. I want to be much healthier of course . what advice and recommendations would you offer . is time on my side to make the lungs etc right again & what could i do ???
Thu, 11 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
We understand your concern

Definitely you should stop smoking. Churchill once said "It is very easy to quit smoking, in fact I did it several times". In your case, you should stop it once for all because you are worried about your health which could later lead to depression and further. You stopped it successfully for a year or so.

Secondly your body is very efficient to adjust and repair itself from the ill effects of smoking, May be 1 year max.
Get well soon.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor