Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Rash with pus on the glans. No pain. Should I be worried?

Hi! I've got a round "rash" on the mucosa of my glans. It started with a little internal blood spot (underneath the mucosa) which after 3 days progressively started disappearing and gave way to a much bigger whitish round "spot" (about 0,5 cm) as if the mucosa had gone thru some sort of friction. Now, about a week later, the whitish spot has turned reddish and it seems that throughout the night it accumulates some sort of slimy juice (like light oily pus). Should I worry? Ah, it does not hurt at all.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi, THanks for posting your query, Cleaning your penis twice a day with a weak saline solution (salt water) can be soothing and can relieve discomfort. To make a weak saline solution, mix a teaspoonful of salt into half a litre (500ml) of warm water. Alternatively, you could also try using an aqueous cream (eg E45 cream) to soothe and clean the area.

If a skin irritant (eg soap or washing powder) is causing your balanitis, symptoms often go a couple of days after you stop using the product. But be careful - if you start using the product again symptoms can come back.


Your GP will usually prescribe a mild steroid cream. This helps to reduce the inflammation around your glans. You will also receive treatment for any other underlying medical conditions causing your balanitis. Your GP may ask you to come back after a week or so to see how you are getting on with your treatment.

If your symptoms aren't responding to treatment or they keep coming back despite treatment, you should tell your GP. He or she may give you a different medication or refer you to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic or a urologist so your symptoms can be investigated further. GUM clinics specialise in identifying and treating sexual health conditions and conditions related to the urinary system (the system that produces urine). A urologist is a doctor who specialises in identifying and treating conditions of the urinary tract. regards, Dr.Sharmila
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor