In my opinion only having auditory hallucinations
, short temperament and drug and alcohol abuse
does not mean schizophrenia
You need to look into:
1. Mood - Does he gets low and sad (depression
) and then episodes of high phase (mania).
2. Social isolation - does he stay alone or mixes up with people
3. Self muttering and self neglect.
4. Hallucinatory behavior - like talking to people when there is no one or giving odd gestures.
5.Appetite and sleep
6. Family history of psychiatric illness.
7. Conflicts going on in his mind.
It is possible that these are his personality traits and poor stress coping techniques. It can be a mood disorder
.Schizophrenia is the last thing to consider. I hope it helps.