How can psychosis be treated despite taking Risperdal?
XXXXXXX XXXX, XXXX, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX etc announcing his engagement to a girl he has never met except in his mind. At age 20 he had a drug induced psychotic episode. He was put on Risperdal for six weeks. His psychiatrist that he was not psychotic but had a drug induced psychosis. Now 17 years later he lost his high paying job two years ago and his dog died three months ago and all the full blown symptoms have returned. He is "normal" 95% of the time. He is single and lives alone. It is at night that he sends these confusing emails. He refuses to go to a doctor. I think if he knew he could get this shot outside of the hospital, he would go for it and then have the presence of mind to see a psychiatrist on a regular basis.
Hello, and thanks for your question.
These certainly sound like psychotic episodes he is having. Given that they are episodic, they may be substance induced. Unfortunately involuntary mental health treatment can only happen if he goes to the emergency room. If he becomes psychotic again, and is doing dangerous things, the best thing to do is call 911 so he can be brought to an ER and potentially treated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will compazine treat psychosis?
- How to treat psychosis without medicine
- How to treat psychosis without medication
- How to deal with postpartum psychosis
- How long does it take to cure psychosis
- Icu psychosis how long
- How to prevent psychosis
- How to deal with icu psychosis
- Treating psychosis without medication
- How to treat typhoid psychosis
- Do antidepressants cause depression?
- Suggest treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Does intake of Elavil help in treating fear and depression?
- Suggest treatment for schizophrenia
- Does Shakeology supplements interact with multivitamin supplements?
- What is Abilify used for?
- Can Wellbutrin be taken in place of Escitalopram?
- Does Parkinson's disease cause cognitive impairment?
- Is Levocetirizine the right medicine for stress?
- Is ETG test advisable after consuming alcohol?