Are psychosis episodes recurrent?
There is a possibility of second episode.
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.
After one episode of psychosis, the possibility of second episode of psychosis in future cannot be denied. But it is almost impossible to predict when it will occur.
In my experience, I have seen patients who have developed 2nd episode of psychosis even after 10-15 years of 1st episode.
When you have strong family history of mental illness, there is a high likelihood that you may develop a second episode in future.
Hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to reduce weight?
- Suggest treatment for increase libido
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- What causes fear of disease or death, dizziness, heaviness in head and SOB?
- What causes digestion problem after having Dicorate ER?
- Can ED medicines be taken along with diabetes medications?
- Suggest treatment for clots on legs while weaning off Adderall
- Suggest treatment for MDD and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder