Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Problem in erection

i am sorry to discuss this topic with you, i am shy to talk with doctors. i am 30 yr female, my husband is 42 yrs. we have 2 children. Nowadays my husband is less intrested in sex, he has some problem in erection. he is not high blood pressure nor diabetes. when we both are intrested also he has some problem in erection. i do no wat to do. should we go for any test. like females even males have menopause after 40.
Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

Try some foreplay before you go for sex,

might be some feminie seduction will help...:)

  User's Response
Common test for the ED is: 1. Check your blood pressure 2.Check your penis and testicles 3. Order blood tests to check testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), prolactin, and thyroid hormone levels 4. urine test 5. Blood tests, such as a complete blood count (CBC), blood glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride
  User's Response
I am able to do very well. In fact we did not have a single instance where we couple had to use a viagra too. I think you couple should be more lovable and not take sex as a mechanical activity. The excitement comes with love and thereby proper erection, hope it helps
  User's Response
thanks a lot, will go for the following tests, and will get back to you................
  User's Response

Although Sex power starts decreasing in mens from the age of 35 but at this age not that much that it could stop him from doing sex. There is nothing like menopause in mens. Getting weak erection of penis could be because of many reasons. One of the main reasons at this age group could be anexity and depression which slowly ends up in decreasing testrosone levels in blood and other harmonal balances causing this. The other reasons could be High or Low Blood Pressure also which you never know you have and is very serious too. So better visit A Cardiologist to get Heart chekup first followed by an Endochronologist who might get your harmones levels like Serum Testostrone, T3, T4, TSH, FSH, LH and Prolactin checked and a Psychiatrist who might check you up for Anexity and or Depression related problems. Once exact reasons has been identified, do the teatment and he will be alright. Do visit all of them to reduce any chance of misdiagnosis or incomplete diagonosis and tell all the Doctors very clearly that this is the problem and you want to get checked up to for every possible cause. Generally it takes few months to get ok so be patience also while getting treated. Also do not feel shy when when going to a Doctor because he is 42 and you are 30. Afterall he is your husband and father of your childs.

  User's Response
Dear Mahamaya,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

As the age adavances, the frequency of intercourse decreases.
Is he addicted to smoking or alcohol?
Since he is having desire, less likely to be of testosterone.
May be psychological or other causes which hs to be evaluated by a sexual medicine consultant

Wish you Good Sexual Health

Dr. A CHAKRAVARTHY MBBS; MBA; (MHSc Reproductive & Sexual Medicine)

Consultant, Sexual Medicine / Sexologist, TRIVANDRUM, Kerala
+91 - 94477 05077 / 99464 25577
International Association For Sexual Medicine /
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor