How often can Prednisone be taken for recurrent inflammation in the hands?
Please give additional information and post reports of investigations
Thanks for your query, Albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Do you have diabetes or hypertension?
Since when have you got the swelling?
Any probable diagnosis that your Doctor has told you and any relevant investigations?
What was the dosage and method by which you took Prednisone and how many times?
Any other information please.
As discussed in details below.
Since there is no diabetes or hypertension you can certainly repeat the courses as needed.
Tapering dosages as you have mentioned called as short course usually does not cause any problems.
You can take vitamin D and calcium as required after the lab tests if one needs to repeat steroids.
Be on reduced salt whenever you take steroids.
Hence you can take the courses whenever needed in flare ups.
I hope this answers your query and helps you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prednisone to reduce inflammation
- Dose of prednisone to be taken
- Prednisone for muscle inflammation
- Prednisone for eye inflammation
- How to ease prednisone withdrawal
- How to treat prednisone rash
- Hand foot mouth prednisone
- Prednisone withdrawal how long
- Prednisone how long in system
- How long to take prednisone
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis