Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Prescribed with Vent BEC inhaler for allergic dry cough. Substitute?

Hello Doc, My sister 22 year old was prescribed with Vent BEC inhaler for her allergic dry cough not sure of the dosage. Now we are in USA and her inhalers are empty. Would you please suggest a similar medicine that could be bought here and also a safe dosage of the Vent BEC inhaler as we are trying to get hte medicine from India and sent here??? Appreciate your help......
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Hariharan,

The drug present in the Vent BEC inhaler is a common medicine used for asthma. The content of this is Salbutamol and Beclomethasone and you can ask for this in inhalation form from the pharmacy in the USA.
This is a common medication used of the asthma. It is important to know if your sister is suffering from asthma or something else. There is a possibility of allergic asthma is also there, but medication used for that condition can be different.
As of now you can asked for the inhalation form of this drug in the dose of Salbutamol 50mcg/puff and Beclomethasone 100 mg/puff. This is the common dose for these medication and normally it is given 2-3 times per day or as per your doctor ask you.

Thanks and take care.
The usual dose is
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor