question-icon

Why are Ab-Flo and Montek advised while suffering from cough and wheezing?

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018
Question: Why ab-flo-n and montek are advised for the same treatment? Is there any difference?
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Both are different classes of drugs.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Abflo and Montek are different classes of drugs although they are used for same disease.
Acebrophylline is an effective bronchodilator medicine used to treat blockage, swelling, and irritation associated with bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It also lyes the mucus and soothen the respiratory tract.
Montek is a brand name for the drug monteleukast.
Montelukast is an oral leukotriene receptor antagonist that is used for the treatment of asthma and rhinitis. Monteleukast prevents allergic symptoms like sneezing and rhinitis.
So combining these two drugs will provide better results in patients.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Shinas Hussain