Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Progesterone, folic acid tablet for irregular periods. Having dull pain in lower abdomen. Suggestions?

Hi Doc, I am 25 years old,unmarried, i have irregular periods,i didnt get my periods last month so i went to doc and she suggest me to take Progestrone and Folice acid tabulet(5 days) with heamup syrup(30 days). After taking this tabulet,i had dull pain rarely in my lower abdominal middle,this my 4 th day of taking tabelt after taking this tabelt when i will get periods for this month
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
After using hormones to induce a period, you can expect one 3-7 days after completion of the treatment. If you have been having irregular periods ever since menarchie, it is high time you get investigated and treated properly. The treatment given at present will help in inducing a period, but is not going to solve the problem forever. Please see an endocrinologist and a gynecologist for a complete evaluation to get a permanent solution. It can be a hormonal imbalance secondary to polycystic ovaries, hyper-prolactinemia, insulin resistance, weight disturbances or stress. Hope your query is clarified. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 27 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor